Thursday, May 20, 2010

STRESS!!

I have been a bit stressed lately.  At first I didn't think it was stress but my body told me otherwise.  For me (as for many) stress tends to cause physical symptoms that we think are illnesses or worse but then come to find out we are just fine it is just STRESS.  Don't really like that word myself it feels like I can't handle life.  I know that is not true and everyone deals with stress at some point in their lives.
There is good stress and bad stress.  It can become very complicated and more detailed than I have time or room for here.  How we handle stress is very important.  Once I realized that is was stress and not some crazy disease I was able to take a step back and look at how to handle the stress and do it feeling good.  I go to the Truth--the Word of God!!

*Prayer--pray continually (1 Thess. 5:17)
*Eat healthy
*Get a good night sleep
*Say "NO" to things that can wait
*Don't put too much on my schedule
*Find time for myself
*Take one day at a time
*Exercise
*Laugh--A LOT!!
*Be kind to others
*SLOW DOWN!!
(I could go on and on but I think you get the point)

So to help with stress is to take care of myself.  The Bible is clear we are to take care of ourselves:
"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?"  1 Cor. 3:16
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."  1 Cor. 10:31
My body is important to God because the Holy Spirit lives in me.  I have to take care of it.

So whenever I start to feel stress build up I remember what the Word (truth) says:
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28
I will ALWAYS find rest in Jesus.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment