Saturday, May 29, 2010

Remembering--Memorial Day



"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends"  John 15:13

As I go into this 3 day weekend I stop to reflect and remember all the men & women that gave their lives that we may have our freedom. 

Having a father & father-in-law (plus a few other relatives and friends) that either have been or are in the military I just have great respect for what they have done and still do.  I just want to stop and honor our fallen this weekend. 
It is easy to see a 3 day weekend and think of fun and parties but forget why we have this holiday.  I have been to Arlington National Cemetery and it is overwhelming to see all those headstones.


The above were taken by me several years back.

So I just ask that as you go about this weekend and enjoy fun and time with family remember that it is because of these men & women that we are able to enjoy the freedom we have and will continue to have.

God bless the United States of America!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment