Friday, June 25, 2010

Week ONE!!

WOOHOO!!  I made it through week one of my new job without, well, dying.  Getting up between 4:30-5 a.m. is really not my idea of fun BUT I do love mornings--just NOT that early.  I am VERY thankful that by midweek my energy was back from my illness.  Thankful that the first 3 days I did a lot of sitting.  I am home, still in scrubs, cute ones by the way, wanting...no needing SLEEP!!  
   
I feel like I have not seen my family but this is all new and I do believe they all understand.  My husband has been so supportive and happy for me.  I went to ask him about his day and apologize for not being "around" both physically and mentally this week and he said that is fine and normal.  I have to get used to this and it will take a little time and he is just fine with that.  What a wonderful man I have!

Tuesday is when I got home around 6, and the evening was a blur.  I had to wash & iron my scrubs, shower, eat dinner and I HAD to be in bed by 9 pm.  With a little help I had it all done and asleep by 9:05pm.  The next day I could tell my energy was coming back.  Still tired but happy and tired.

I just feel so very blessed that God has placed me in this job.  Even when I had times I was really tired or didn't feel the best I knew I was exactly where God wanted me--I have had NO DOUBTS!!  Now I am looking forward to the next part of my orientation and that is on the floor I will be working and I will be working 3- 12 hour shifts a week.  To me that sounds better than M-F all day.  I say BRING IT ON, I AM READY!!

In my devotion this morning a verse I read really helped me since I was really struggling with being so tired even after a good night sleep.  I read it several times because it just really reminded me what I need to do.

"Commit everything you do to the Lord.  Trust him, and he will help you."  Psalm 37:5

So I made sure to commit my day to the Lord and I had a really good day.  Still tired but a good tired.  He is always there to help me and I work to always Trust Him.  So a great way to end a great week and start a great weekend.  I plan to continue to commit everything to God AND trust Him always.

If I don't quit now I will just keep on rambling since I am so tired.  Have a great weekend and I will be back very soon for more updates.  Updates on some struggles I had this week......stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment