Saturday, June 5, 2010

Frazzled???

I have been doing a 30 day devotional called The Frazzled Female by Cindi Wood.  I am doing 2 days at a time to be done before I start my job.  It is just awesome and I wanted to share just a bit.  She also has a website frazzledfemale.com.  I tried to put that as a link but still new to this blogging.  I would highly recommend this devotional.  Here is just a little I wanted to share from this devotional.  These are all excerpts from this book by Cindi Wood.

"Oh, my!  Life can be so frustrating!  It's such a challenge to react positively when stressors are continually thrown your way.  I have found that many times we women can handle the big things in life that produce stress.  Maybe it's because we've planned in advance for them and realize they are coming.  It's the accumulation of common daily hassles that seem to sneak up on us and rob our joy and positive attitude."

"Remember, though, the first step to being positive is to determine to think positively!  It's a matter of choice, an act of will."

"Anxiety and worry can lead to an extremely negative attitude."

"Life's hard, and being positive requires desire and persistence."

"And by the way, being positive doesn't necessarily mean that you're happy."

OK I am sure I have shared plenty to wet your appetite for this devotional.  I know that worry and anxiety will rob me of a positive attitude very quickly.  I have been working on being more positive for a while now and it is work.  She also talks about the "worry box" which I talked about in an earlier post.  It is only 30 days and it is filled with scripture to guide you and me to live a life that is not so frazzled, rushed and negative.  I am only 10 days in and looking forward to getting into this devotional every morning.  I hope to go back through it slower when I do have the 30 days to do it instead of doing 2 days in a row but I still am getting so much out of it I just wanted to share it with everyone.

"Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?  And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things?"  Luke 12:25-26

"And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father." 
Colossians 3:17

"Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart."  Psalm 119:34




 

No comments:

Post a Comment