Wednesday, June 2, 2010

F.E.A.R.

FEAR...that is what gripped me just the other day.  I have heard that FEAR is "False Evidence Appearing Real" there are a lot of other acronyms but this one I have heard the most and seemed to fit.  My fear stemmed from a very real concern for one of my children.  Instead of taking that fear to God I just went right into worrying about my child's future and let the worry just keep growing in my mind.

A quote from Corrie Ten Boom I like that really fits here is "Worry is a cycle of inefficient thoughts whirling around a center of fear."

I have been working on NOT worrying and here I was just not letting go of this worry/fear.  Being a mom I want to always protect my kids, this is not possible.  Sometimes the things they go through are for their good.  Personally I don't see the good in this one but only God knows the future.  After some research, more worrying and becoming very grumpy I FINALLY realized I needed to take this child and their issue to God.  It took me a bit to get it through my thick head but I did and it only took me one day--that for me is progress!!  When it comes to my family it takes more work to NOT worry--especially when it has to do with my kids.  I'm still growing...

Now that I was able to give all that to God I am still struggling with myself and the lies that swirl around in my head.  I feel like I have been fighting a battle in my head between lies and truth instead of letting go and letting God have control.  Allowing myself to worry robbed me of an entire day and now I am dealing with the aftermath of thoughts that go with it.  Feelings of failure & guilt.  LIES!!!  I have to take every thought captive, "we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."  2 Corinthians 10:5b.  "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."  Ephesians 3:20

I am more content and at peace when I am walking in God's will for my life.  Worry takes me out.  He cannot work in me when I try and take control.  Plus I am no good at it.  I want joy, peace, contentment--things I only have when I keep my eye's on Jesus and walk with Him daily.

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."  Corrie Ten Boom

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
 Philippians 4:6-7




No comments:

Post a Comment