Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Adjustment

That is where I am at right now.  Learning to adjust to being a working woman.  I love my job but I don't always like getting up so early.  I don't like being tired ALL the time and crying more than usual.  I know that this too shall pass but I am not the most patient person when it comes to things like this. 

I want to know everything NOW and I know that is not going to happen.  I expect way more out of myself than anyone else.  I have put so much pressure on myself that it is making me sick and I have to stop doing that.


I want to have energy and to feel great NOW and not 3, 6 or even 12 months from now...PATIENCE!

I want to not cry at every little thing all the time now...PATIENCE!

Even as I am typing this out something jumps right out at me and it is the "I WANT" part.  I sound like a 2 yr old and forgetting what does God want from me.  What does God want me to do. 

God wants me to trust HIM:
"Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."  Proverbs 3:5-6

"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you"  Isaiah 26:3

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."  Jeremiah 17:7

God wants me to put my strength in HIM:
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble"  Psalm 46:1

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength"  Philippians 4:13

God wants me to know that He would not give me something He was not going to equip me to handle.  When I want to obey but it just seems to hard.
"Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach."  Deut. 30:11

So as I go about another day I just need to remember that I am in this with God because He said He would never leave me nor forsake me.  This is a Truth I plan to hold on to.

I will close with some great verses that I just love and was reading this morning.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."  Philippians 4:4-8

Today I will chose to Rejoice in the Lord!!







No comments:

Post a Comment