Monday, April 23, 2012

More on the babies....

Well the time has come for our baby robin's to leave the nest.

Yesterday their nest was overflowing.

When arriving home from the store we found one had "dropped" out of the nest.

On to the bricks under the nest.  I did not think this was the safest place for this little one so I read up and decided to put it back for now knowing that most likely it would be out by the next day or so.  I didn't want to just put it on the ground for animals to eat.
A little closer....so cute!!  We know where all their poop has gone...haha.

This morning I go out to check and this is what I see....

One was standing proud or scared ready to fly if I got too close.  Plus I only could see 3 in there and looked around on the ground to see if I could see #4 but my guess is that one took off.  Hopefully it is safe.

Well I did freak the little one out enough that it flew over to a near-by bush (better than the ground to me).

Of course it should have known that it would have to be photographed.  It was cool to see this little one fly after seeing it nearly hairless and so small just less than 2 weeks ago.

Then there were 2!!

My guess is this nest will be completely empty before the end of this week. 

Maybe we will get lucky and mama will decide to use this nest again in the near future but next time I will try and leave them alone.....I said TRY!!

It has been a great joy to watch these birds go from eggs to "teen" birds and flying the nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment