Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Guest at the front door

Okay so I just posted an update but I felt this needed to have its own post.  We have a robin's next right out our front door.  It is so close to the door.  Here is mama (or daddy, can't tell which one since they look alike and both take care of the nest) sitting on the nest....
See it is right next to our front door so every time someone goes in or out mom/dad leave the nest.  I had to go from the back to get these pictures.

I got a little closer and got this right before she/he took off.  They don't go far and will scream at us when we get close.
They did a really good job and it is protected by weather.  Just a bad place right by the front door.  I am guessing that mama is saying "next time we will find a place with less people coming in and out all the time".  Just my thoughts.  There is also one in the back but I can't get to it to see if there are any eggs in there.
And here are the eggs!!  I am really hoping that at least 2 or 3 hatch and we get to hear them and see them.  What I read was they should hatch between 14-16 days.  We saw the first egg on 4/24 so sometime this weekend there should be babies!!!

Hopefully I can report, with pictures sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment