Thursday, December 29, 2011

Reflecting...

I can't believe 2011 is almost over and a new year will begin.  Boy does time fly.  I don't know about you but this time of year I tend to reflect back on the year and think about the new year.  It has been one crazy year for me.

I started the year with 2 jobs, one I was about to quit and one I was getting ready to start.  I started the one and worked my last day at the other the same week...that was crazy.

Then on Feb. 13th I felt the call to go to Haiti with a team from my church.  I did fight this for a week before I agreed to go.  All that is in an earlier post.  So I had 5 weeks to prepare to go on my very first missions trip.

Those 5 weeks were insane.  All the prep, meetings, shopping for things I needed.  I only had to get 2 shots since working in health care I am up to date on all the ones needed around here.  Doctor visit for meds to take.  Wow, so much to do in such a short time.  Plus my fear of flying (again in an earlier post).  I also quit my job in those 5 weeks. 

They went fast with all that was going on but it was so worth it to go to Haiti.  That was so amazing and I thank God for sending me and allowing me that experience.

In July I started a new job that seems to be a much better fit and that is where I am now.  I am part time but I seem to stay pretty busy.

So it has been a busy year for me.  Add in all my family stuff and that just makes it even more crazy.

In thinking about this past year and the new year to come I thought to myself 'why do we do this?', meaning reflect at the end of a year and make new goals at the beginning.  Maybe it is easier.  Something people just do.  I don't know for sure but I do it and I know others do as well.  I do believe though that we should take time to reflect and remember things all throughout the year and be OK with setting new goals if needed because everyday is a new day and a new beginning.

I am setting some goals for 2012 and a lot of them will be the same as before.  I am a work in progress.  I am going to work on taking one day at a time and enjoy life.  I don't want to get myself worked up because I did not meet a goal but be able to start new every day and just work to meet that days goals. 

Hope you all have had a great 2011 and look forward to a wonderful 2012!!

Bring on 2012 because I am ready!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment