Monday, September 17, 2012

It's been a few months.....

OK, so I have not been good at blogging.  Today I will just give a quick update on the last few months.

May I started a 4 week exercise program.  I went from just exercising a bit to 6 days a week of intense.  My conclusion is exercise is EVIL!!  No, really it is not.  Exercise is good for both body and mind but when you are over 40 it is not good to go from 0-100 overnight. 

Exercising led to several (many) doctor visits and tests due to feeling like my entire body was falling apart.

NOTE TO SELF:  Start slow and build up.

So after the 4 weeks I did a little here and there and then have not really exercised in over 2 months.

I also worked on my diet and eating healthy.  I don't need to lose weight but just wanted  better/healthier eating.  This too led to my body saying "What the heck are you doing to me!!!".  I like eating healthy but again I did not go slow and my body did not adjust well so had to change that up.

In July had a party for our oldest son and his new bride.  That was fun. 

Then took a trip to see my grandparents house as my grandma sold it.  So happy she is now closer to us.

August started out with me being sick.  I have not been that sick in a long, long time and I did not like it at all.  This illness was weird and led me to the ER one night and Urgent care 2 days later.  Then there were follow up visits and more tests (which I am still working on).  It really drained me energy wise.

Then just about a week and a half after I got sick our daughter was running a 5k and had a very bad sudden headache.  Thinking it was just a migraine she treated it as such.  Later that evening we took her to the ER due to other signs that something was very wrong.  She was then admitted into the ICU due to an Internal Carotid Artery Dissection.  Yes, that sounds very bad and really could have been since most cases of that are not found until AFTER a stroke.  Thank God we all knew something was wrong and got her in.  She spend a few days in the hospital (as did I....did not want to leave her) and now is recovering with meds and will be rechecked in Nov. in hopes that it has completely healed. 

To sum this all up....life has been CRAZY!!!  I will admit that it has stressed me out quite a bit and I do know that I am dealing with a low grade depression as a result.  I am still not up to my "normal" weight since getting sick and still dealing with some issue from that.

So for now just taking one day at a time and trying to rest up when I can but still work and get things done that need to be done.  Oh and did I mention our 17 yr old cat that has kidney disease....add that stress in there also (with the other pets we have....UGH!!).

I want so bad to post happy, growing daily with God posts but the reality is I am struggling and I don't like it.

Hoping and praying that will change very soon.

Well on to the next thing I need to get done.....

No comments:

Post a Comment