Monday, January 10, 2011

Memorizing

I am great at remembering a lot of things but I tend to not do as well with memorizing scripture.  I have a lot in my head but I don't always get them "right" or the right "address" but I usually know where I can find them.

So I wanted to work on memorizing this year and I am not setting a time on any one verse.  I figure if I tell myself one a week then I set myself up for failure so I am just doing one until I have it and moving on to the next.

Last week I was trying to figure out what to memorize and while reading in one of my books a verse just jumped right out at me and I thought...AHA that is the one to start with this year.  Since then I have had another that has popped up in a few devotions and I am going to work on that one next...but one at a time for my aging brain.

I wanted to share the first one with you.  I made it into a card and have it posted all over my house and so far I am doing pretty good.  I have the first part down and now working on the second half.
I think this is a great verse to start the New Year out with.  I hope you find time to dig into God's word and find the treasures that await you.

No comments:

Post a Comment