Monday, June 13, 2011

Off the bookshelf

I love to read.  I have tons of books.  Many I have never read.  I will admit that for years I did not read as much as I used to.  Well not books that is.  I would read a lot on the internet but I like my old fashion books.



So after my return from Haiti I wanted to make some changes in my life (I think I am always working to make changes).  One of those changes was going to be less TV & less internet.  First I had to catch up on the shows I missed while in Haiti (that doesn't count--right?).  I will confess that I have not done the best at watching less TV, especially with May being the end of the season for most shows.  BUT I keep on working on this.

OK, so back to the books.  Around the end of April, I think, I was looking on one of my many bookshelves to see if there was a book I had not read yet.  I found more than I care to admit but one jumped out at me and I decided to read it.  Before I tell you about this book let me add that I did very well reading it for a couple weeks in between a lot of business but then mid to end of May the TV won over and the book sat for a couple weeks.  Once I picked it back up I couldn't put it down and was finished by the end of May.

I have since been to one of our Christian book stores and got caught up in the $1 books and got 5 of them.  I thought that was a deal...5 books for $5.  Now I just have to decide which to read first so I read the intro of each and then picked one.

OK, back to the original book.  I read Confessions of a Prayer Wimp by Mary Pierce.  I have had this book for a while so I looked at the copyright and it is from 2005.  I am sure I have had it since then.  Oh well, better late than never. 


This book is wonderful.  She is funny and smart.  I laughed and cried.  I could relate to much of what she was saying and that helps.  She has points to ponder at the end of each chapter.  I didn't really take the time to do all them but I did read them and do some of them.  I wonder...why did it take me so long to read this great book?

So if you are looking for a quick, easy, funny, inspiring book to read I highly recommend this one.  Now back to my new book...

No comments:

Post a Comment