Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Working to get back up again

I know that sounds like an odd title but maybe it will make sense as I write and maybe it won't.  I am not that good with words I just know what is in my mind and in my heart.

Lately life has been getting to me.  I tend to stress over just about anything.  I do not have a laid back personality which is both a gift and a curse.  Right now more a curse but I do it to myself and I know it.

I know others care and how I know is what I am going to tell you now.

To make a LONG story a bit shorter I will not go into great detail.  I recently got myself really worked up over something and I would talk (well complain) to my husband about it.  This was going on for a time and I did not like who I was dealing with this issue.  Yesterday it kind of came to a head so to speak and I went back and forth from being OK to being really upset.

When I was first really upset I called my husband who was very busy and could not talk so I then called a friend of mine who is an angel and talked me through my options.  I made a call I needed to make and then called her back.  After talking & crying some more she suggested we get together today and she would go with me to take care of something I needed to take care of.

So I went and picked her up and we went on our way.  I had a wonderful day with her and even got to have lunch with my husband and her--FUN!!  After I dropped her off is when I started really thinking.  OK I think ALL the time so this is nothing new but I was thinking of how blessed I am to have the people in my life that I have.

This is where I went down my list of friends and the ones that have really been there for me.  I had to stop and think to make sure "am I being there for them".  I do hope and pray that is the case because I don't want a one-sided friendship.  Those don't usually last a long time anyway.  It is very hard for someone to always be the giver in a relationship.  I have been there.

I don't have a lot of friends but the ones I do have I truly love with all my heart.  I don't need a lot of friends that are deep as the ones I am thinking of right now.

I think about how I love and feel so very blessed to have these friends in my life and then I thought of how much they have given to me and must love me or they would not do the things they do for me.

I know that my family loves me and I love them and here I am talking about people in our lives that really choose to love us and we choose to love them.  As much as I love my parents and children they are not who I am talking about although I would give my life in a second for any of them.  I will say that my husband is my very best friend.  He does choose to love me and I him and believe me that man is awesome to know ALL about me and still love me--WOW!!  I am truly blessed there.

So I just want to thank my friend that helped me out the last couple days.  Thank my friends that have been there for me when I needed them.  You are ALL awesome and I thank God for blessing me with your friendship.

"A friend loves at all times"  Proverbs 17:17a


OK maybe I should have titled this "FRIENDS"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment